Senior Transportation Services in Southern Pennsylvania
Getting from place to place can be challenging for elderly adults in southern Pennsylvania. In recent years, this has led to increased demand for senior transportation services in areas like Adams County, Cumberland County, Franklin County, and York County.
No one understands the challenge of helping seniors find quality transportation services in south Pennsylvania better than our team at Preferred HealthStaff. If you have an elderly loved one who lives in southern Pennsylvania, here’s what you need to know about senior transportation services.
Options for Senior Transportation in South PA
Elderly adults have a number of options for senior transportation services in Adams County, Cumberland County, Franklin County, and York County. These services generally fall into one of three categories: fixed route transportation, shared ride services, and private senior transportation services.
- Fixed Route Transportation. Seniors with valid ID ride free on fixed bus routes within Adams and York Counties. Unfortunately, this isn’t a convenient option for most seniors, as bus stops are often a long walk from seniors’ homes, and transit networks are limited in most areas within these counties. As of 2017, Franklin and Cumberland Counties lack fixed route systems for seniors to take advantage of this service.
- Shared Ride Transportation. Shared ride transportation is available to seniors throughout south central Pennsylvania through public-private transit partnerships. This service is provided at varying costs, depending on the area and the reason for the ride. Shared ride services include pick-up and drop-off at specific destinations, making these services more convenient than fixed route transportation. However, shared ride services also have drawbacks. Seniors must share their ride with other passengers, trips normally take more than twice as long as a regular taxi service, and services are only available at specific times of the day or week.
- Private Senior Transportation Services. A private senior transportation service gives seniors a far faster and more convenient option for transportation within south Pennsylvania. These senior transportation services are provided by local agencies who specialize in elderly services, like your local Preferred HealthStaff office. While more expensive than a shared ride service, a private senior transportation service offers key advantages. Riders are private passengers, transportation is provided directly from the pick-up point to the drop-off point, and rides can be scheduled at any time of the day or week.
Preferred HealthStaff’s Senior Transportation Service
If you have an elderly loved one who lives in south Pennsylvania, private senior transportation services are available through your local Preferred HealthStaff office. We have multiple offices in south Pennsylvania, serving communities in Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, and York Counties.
- Dillsburg, PA. Providing senior transportation services to elderly adults in Dillsburg, Camp Hill, Mechanicsburg, York Springs, and the surrounding areas.
- Gettysburg-Fairfield, PA. Providing senior transportation services to elderly adults in Gettysburg, Fairfield, New Franklin, Latimore, Littlestown, Waynesboro, and the surrounding areas.
- Hanover, PA. Providing senior transportation services to elderly adults in Hanover, Hunterstown, Shiloh, Stewartstown, York, and the surrounding areas.
Book transportation services for an elderly loved one in south Pennsylvania by calling Preferred HealthStaff at (866) 943-9791, or learn more about our senior transportation services.